Free Gifts and after that...

Last time, I came across a banner on myLot that is offering a FREE thinnest notebook. I was curious.... So, I clicked that banner and I found out that we had to follow certain instructions. Well, I have seen a lot of such promotions. Do you usually follow their promotional instructions? If not, why? and If yes, why? Have you ever got what they offer?
@omupas (1243)
The type of sites you are referring to are called Incentive or Freebie websites. These sites are the basis for programs such as Project Payday and forums such as FreeLunchRoom and Anything4Free. I have participated in these types of sites and have made good money with them. I always took the cash equivalent of the prize (you can either choose a prize or you can choose a cash equivalent on some sites). To give you an example, from one of these Incentive sites alone last year I made $1800 and on another one I made $1040. They are legitimate and I did receive 1099-MISC forms from both companies for tax purposes.
Hi Omupas, Is FeeLunchRoom and Anything4Free similar to prizebook? Did you make money because of your referrals?
@omupas (1243)
FreeLunchRoom and Anything4Free are forums where you do referral exchanges for your Incentive/Freebie sites. I'm not familiar with PrizeBook so I cannot comment on it. But the basis is, you do get paid for your referrals (which is why the forums are set up, to help you find people to exchange referrals with). I don't participate in those forums any longer though, because I am using a different program to earn my online income with which is more consistent and has residual income built into it vs. always having to find new referrals, etc.
@paid2write (5202)
Well did you follow the instructions? What happened? Or were you too suspicious to go through with it? I always think that there is no such thing as a free offer, you usually find in the small print you are required to buy something in order to receive your 'free' gift.
No, I didn't follow the instructions because I don't believe there is a free lunch in this world. But I ever heard that some people have got free gifts. That's why I would like to know it.