Multiple Interests

Romania
Why are there multiple interests listed on MyLot? For example, 'Love' and 'Internet' appear twice under my interests. Isn't there a way for these to be merged?
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Well, no. See the interests fall under broader categories like "Things I have done" and "Things I want to do". So technically the interest of 'love' under the first category would be quite different from 'Love" under the second category. But honestly, we rarely pay attention to what category it is actually under so those interests end up being a free for all about anything 'love' related. I have several 'life' intersts as well because of the same issue.
What about the interests that fall under the same category? For example HIM appears twice under 'music groups or solo artists that I listen too' - first as 'him' and then as 'h.i.m'. It's basically the same band and I think it's a little bit confusing. Don't you think these should be merged?
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Oh, well yes, things like that should be combined in to one somehow. Maybe the way the system is set up they can't do that? It must be confusing.
I was feeling the same way when I saw the two for mylot. Then someone explained something to me. Then I realized it is different because other people add them. Like someone has mylotsas an interest. Then there is mylotNow what is the world is the s for on mylot?
I asked this question because I'm interested in increasing my interest rankings and I thought it would be better to stick to a single interest than to post under another one that's mainly about the same thing. I think MyLot should improve their search function in order to list the interests similar to those about to be added by new users.