Spirit Week

@nixxi76 (3192)
My son is in grade two and it is spirit week-I love to drink milk week so his school has decided to use the theme of milk and anything to do with milk. Monday was Farm Day-this is where students were invited to come dressed as a farmer, cowboy/cowgirl, a cow or in black and white, and they had a barn dance in the gym during their Nutrition/Activity Break. Tuesday was Beach day-the kids had to wear their coolest summer wear, and they also had to participate in the Survivor Team Challenge. Wednesday(today) is the Crazy Hair Day- Bring out the gel, mousse, and fake dye and be creative with their hair. Moo-sicle Milk Cartons in the gym. Thursday Backwards day- Wear their clothes backwards or inside out, girls dress like boys and boys as girls, Bovine Backwards Bowling by teams Friday Pajama Day- Students are invited to wear their pajamas to school and bring their favorite stuffed toy and/or blanket, Students will watch a MOO-vie in the gym. I love this week it's so cool! It's crazy hair day today so my hubby gave my son a mohawk today and he jumped on the bus to school.. it was so cute! Do you love spirit week when your child has this at school?
@spoiled311 (5502)
oh hi nixxi wow! that is a nice idea. i think the school is very creative for thinking of such a thing...it will really stimulate the kids learning experience and to channel their energies to something worth while. it is so cool. very nice concept. i hope our local schools here can come up with a similar program, especially in the elementary school. :) good day to you!
@nixxi76 (3192)
Hi spoiled! You should talk to your kid's teachers and tell them this is what the other schools are doing, it's usually the week just before spring break is when this takes effect. It's so cute and it's like halloween to me because they're aloud to dress up all unusual. Have a great day!