What to do?

United States
March 29, 2008 5:30pm CST
So i have a two month old baby and his father and i are not together but he does visit once a week. i depend on him to bring me diapers and wipes because i can't work yet and i am living with my family who are broke until the 1st of the month. Now this man has a very successful job, drives around in a porche, golfs at the country club well he shows up the other day empty handed and when i ask him for a few dolars he says he forgot his wallet. well by luck i had a $5 gift card and was able to get a small bag of diapers that would last a few days but now it has twindled down and come monday i will need diapers. The child support hearing isn't until April 10th. What do i do once i run out of diapers?
2 people like this
4 responses
@Gesusdid (1681)
• United States
29 Mar 08
i say like the ohters find more about the courts , i would say get a loan , but dang i feel bad for you , you didnt save up any money while this baby was coming money saved up anywhere like your bank account or nothing ? ...i pray to you that you get your justice , and it seems like this isnt the first time this guy has done this so ..
1 person likes this
@Darkwing (21588)
29 Mar 08
Do you not get a statutory child allowance at least until the court hearing? If not, I would be inclined to find out fast what your benefits are, since you need to stay home and look after your baby for a while yet. I'm in England so I'm not to knowledgable about the child support system in the States, but here, we are payed a Child Allowance, and a Maternity Allowance for when the baby is born. Added to that, if there's no money coming in to support the child, we can go to the Social Services and apply for a weekly allowance. You need to find out immediately because your baby can't go without diapers, my friend. Brightest Blessings.
• United States
5 Apr 08
you could try using clothe diapers. it's a bit old fashion, but it may save you a little bit of money until you get your check from him.
@chertsy (3804)
• United States
30 Mar 08
Forgot his wallet my a*s, if he got pulled over I bet his wallet is with him. He needs to be helping out than just buying wipes and diapers. I would call his work and ask his boss to tell him to bring diapers and wipes over to you. Why can't you not work? When you go to court, you better have a good reason why you can't work and having a 2 month old isn't a good one, because there is day cares out there. Just keep calling his work, his home, the country club and ask for the things you need. Also why wasn't child support set by the courts after the baby was born than starting after the child is 2 months. Be prepared, he might be a jerk and say the child isn't his. Just be prepared for a long haul, especially if he's saying he forgot his wallet. Good luck, with his job, you should get a lot in child support each month.