Being Mr.Mom is stressful for the heart?

@gxnfly (1147)
China
Is your household a part of an increasing number fo non-traditional families,where dad stays at home and mom goes out to bring home the bacon? Since they were kids,men are raised to be the breadwinner,take care of the family financially and be the macho male guy.Few boy grows up thinking someday they are going to be a stay-at-home dad.Then why the roles have been reversed in some families?Some say,there is the same reason for being a Mr.Mom:Their wives' incomes are higher and someone have to take care of the kids.But a researche shows this role reversal may,in fact,be stressful for the heart.
@gemini_rose (16193)
I personally do not know of many stay at home dads, where I live it is the women that stay at home with the children as the big paying jobs around here are in the local factories working on lines and so it is men that go for them. If I had a good career when I met my now hubby and would have been earning more than him then I guess we would have took this into consideration when having children and I would have probably carried on working and have him at home.
i feel that with growing awareness and education level in the world more women are opting for career and men are encouraging them to do that.a little bit of understanding between the couple doesn't hurt rather it strengthens the relationship.but as my friend says that you can't change the rules of the nature which is that the man is supposed to be the breadwinner and woman is supposed to be the homemaker.so i guess when wives get fatter paychecks it must hurt some men's ego and might create troubles!!!
@rlc456 (415)
Yes, it is funny how things have changed. But they say some men take better care of the kids then moms. I don't really agree with this. But whatever.
@winterose (39922)
I can see that, when something is as stressful as knowing that you were once the major breadwinner in the family and no you are not, it is a blow to ego and can make you sick.
@w1986114 (158)
In some family, dad has no job, mom will become Mrs. dad, they also have to work every day to support her family not out of her will? Then...