Clothes Dryer V Clothes Line

@Tetchie (2933)
Australia
If you had the choice (say you needed a backyard) would you use the clothesline to dry your clothes or is it now too convenient to use the clothes dryer? Nothing nicer than clean sheets that have been blowing in the wind outside, they feel extra fresh on the bed. It's common to still use the clothes line in many countries but in some there is no sign of a clothes line anywhere! Is it time, is it no backyard, is it because you've never used a clothes line, is there too much pollution outside to get fresh sheets? Tell me what Town and Country you are from when you answer. For what it's worth clothes dryers drink electricity like coffee in a Java House. If you're wanting to save on power bills then maybe a clothesline is the answer.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
Good money saving tip. AND I agree with you about the smell of sheets. I still prefer my towels in the dryer. They come out softer. Towels hung to dry feel like cardboard on my skin. But that is a personal preference.
@Tetchie (2933)
Ahh yes the towels, they can turn to cardboard. And your jeans can stand on their own if left out too long. But at least you can dry things in the shade and it not be too much of a problem. Nice to meet you.
@MsTickle (24752)
It's true that over time towells become less than soft and fluffy but fabric softener can help. Every now and then I'll put my line dry towells in the dryer for 5 minutes and they come out beautiful!
I love the smell of clean washing that has been dried out in the sunshine and fresh air, but during the winter I have to put the laundry onto racks and dry it indoors. I don't like using dryers as they cost a fortune to run so when the weather is bad the racks come out and I place them near to the heaters to get clothes dry. Today is a lovely day and I have just put a load outside to dry.
@Tetchie (2933)
So do I love the smell of fresh sun dried clothes. And the fresh sheets on the bed - such a nice feeling.
@MsTickle (24752)
It will always be a clothes line for me. I find the thought of pollution being a problem for people rather horrid. Energy consumption and costs for this appliance are prohibitive and I'm afraid many people use a dryer out of laziness, just my opinion. Besides the cost of using a dryer, I've found that the clothes and linen end up in the lint filter in a short space of time.
@Tetchie (2933)
Dryers are a good way of wearing out clothes faster that's for sure. I don't own one, not that I've never used one! But I'd prefer the sun to a dryer any day.
@subha12 (18463)
i think you can never get the freshness in dryer. we always use the clothlline. if its raining so heavily may be we use drier for drying them.
@Tetchie (2933)
I agree, that freshness is always missing when using the dryer. I guess though if you live in New York or similar a clothesline is out of the question!