My Cell Phone did something Weird....

United States
April 23, 2008 11:55am CST
Monday I was working all day and had my cell in my pants pocket. I used it in the afternoon around 3:00 and it worked like normal, but when I went to use it again at 6:30 none of the buttons would work. I was pushing and nothing was happening. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, but nothing changed. It would let me turn it off and on, but not push any numbers or anything else. I got frustrated and left it alone awhile. When I took it out to try it again, the camera was on, all my itself. Then it switched to Voice Record and it was recording all by itself. I finally just shut it off. I left it off all night and the next morning it was ok again. Why would it do that? It's a Razor, about 3 years old. I just got a new decorative cover for it a couple weeks ago. I don't know what that would have to with it though. Anyone else ever have a problem like that?
4 responses
@Swaana (1208)
• India
23 Apr 08
Oh I had this problem with my Nokia 1100 when I got a new cover. It didnot work properly and when I took it to the shop they asked me to keep it out of any of the fancy covers so that the battery will not get heated up. If the battery gets heated up the mobile will do crazy things.
• United States
23 Apr 08
Aaah! I thought that might be the reason! I always notice when it's in my pocket for a long time with the cover on, it gets hot and there always seems to be a little moisture on the screen between the phone and the cover. That's why I thought the cover might have been the problem. Thanks!
@javaleira (372)
• Portugal
23 Apr 08
that is a bad problem because with the control you cant find you cellphone connection from the botons! anyway i think that is bad connection. that happen to me also because my cellphone got water inside it :(
• United States
25 Apr 08
That sounds bad. I never got water inside mine. Mine is working again now. I hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks for your comment!
@underdogtoo (9599)
• Philippines
23 Apr 08
I had a cellphone freeze on me but then I must have overcharged it because that was what they said at the repair shop. Something must have gone wrong with the cpu inside. Electronics can be affected by heat and magnets
• Canada
23 Apr 08
I have no clue why it would do that but I would definitely take it in and have it looked at it could be the wiring is wearing out or some chip inside it could be starting to short.