Do you know how to get Social Security Number ?

United States
May 8, 2008 10:17am CST
I'm living at Cali , studying at El Camino College . I'm International student and I really want to get SSN for working part time . I ask my school but they refused give it to me although I accepted work on campus in couple months . I really need money to pay my apartment bill . Do you guys know how get SSN ? or which job no require SSN ?
1 person likes this
2 responses
@emeraldisle (13145)
• United States
8 May 08
Social Security numbers are for US residents only and since you state you are an international student you wouldn't be eligible for that. You can though apply for a work visa and then get a Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN). You would have to have a work visa in order to do so. The school has nothing to do with giving out social security numbers, that's dependant upon the government.
@checapricorn (16066)
• United States
8 May 08
Hello chou, What you need to do is to go at the SSS office to fill out the form and request for SSN! I guess it is always a requirement to have one before you will accept any job!or probably the safe thing is, to approach any personnel in your school to guide you in this matter! Have a great time!