Apartment problems

United States
May 9, 2008 5:22pm CST
Do you think there is way to sue your apartment complex for not doing their job? I've requested some maintenance 2 months ago and it still hasn't been taken care of. My kitchen faucet has either scalding hot water or icy cold one,nothing in-between and the window latch is broken so anybody could just get in while I'm at work. I went and asked them to fix long time ago and they promised to send somebody the next day. Since then it's been 5 or 6 visits to the office,countless phone calls and I all I got was "tomorrow". Tomorrow never happens,right? The reason I'm so frustrated now is that I happened to pay my rent late this month and the people at the rental office just kept pushing and bullying me like no tomorrow(sad joke...).I thought that was unfair and was wondering if there was a loophole I could use to get some justice or at least slack. I've heard of people taking their problems to the city officials,do you think I could complain as well?
1 response
• Philippines
9 May 08
As I was reading your post, I was reminded of the places we've been to when we didn't have our own home before. We move from one place to another. Therefore, if those people won't fix your apartment, it might be a good reason to shop for another, better one to move to. Happy day to you!
• United States
9 May 08
I'm already considering moving out:) But I want to know who's right first! Thanks!