Where is the cellphone going? Where is it taking us?

It used to be that having a phone was something great, now it has become a personal extension of our presence and it has even become our portal to the world and how the world reaches us. I used to be a slave to whoever wanted to talk to me and this can be a big bother when everyone has your number. Are cellphones a boon to you? or a bane?
@BUSSY1979 (1284)
I don't know where it's a going, but I sure do love it! LOL I love my cell phone, and it comes in very handy to me. I use it all of the time. My cell phone is like my home phone. Indeed that it is getting over-board with all of the gadgets on it. But, it is still good though in many ways. I love the text messaging part, and than the ability to surf the internet. But, I haven't figured out that one yet though. LOL Hopefulllly I will someday.
Cell phones are truly just amazing and I cannot even imagine myself learning all that it can do. I just want to text and make calls. hehe