bipolar disorder

@sugarlen (138)
May 18, 2008 6:59am CST
my friend's psychiatrist told her that her child will not recover her former mental thinking and medicines given to her child minimizes only the violent acts of her daughter. although she feels that her child is not really that violent, she decided to stop her medications. what therapy can you suggest. her child no longer wants to go with her, she prefers to stay at home instead to sleep. my friend normally goes through a hard time bringing her to a psychiatrist coz she doesn't want to cooperate. any suggestions please!
1 person likes this
3 responses
• United States
19 Jun 08
This subject confuses me because there are two conflicting views on Bipolar. Bipolar and a lot of other mental illnesses have the same exact description as Hypoglycemia. Thirty years ago, I saw an article in the newspaper listing the symptoms of mental illness and they matched one-for-one the list of symptoms of Hypoglycemia which is apparently treatable by proper nutrition. I found the list of Hypoglycemia symptoms in books by medical doctors. So, who is right, the original doctor who discovered Hypoglycemia or the Psychiatrists? I can't determine that but a medical doctor can test the patient for Hypoglycemia.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
• United States
19 Jun 08
I think that you should really take the advice of the first responder, tallymommy, and look through those websites. Also, have your friend try to find activities for the daughter to do so that her anger is misplaced. Talking will also help and make things alot easier. Looking into vitamins that can help alleviate stress can also help a bit and the daughter may be more apt to take the vitamins as they do not have a "label" that states that they are bipolar. Magnesium is one that may help. Have a Great day.
@realgem1 (260)
• India
19 May 08
I am really sorry for the situation here. I would really like to offer some help. I have some stuff of Bipolar that you can read and understand as it helps you to take the next step to cure bipolar. Please visit my profile and access my site from there.