How many times do you brush your teeth per day?

India
May 19, 2008 1:42am CST
Just wondering, how many times do you brush your teeth per day? I try to brush my teeth twice (once in the morning and once before going to bed). However, if I can't brush at night for some reason, I make double sure that I at least rinse my mouth thoroughly 3 to 4 times with water. This is because, even if you're not able to brush, if you at least remove the food particles, then the acid (which is there to digest the food and which is also the cause of tooth decay) will not build up and start eating into your enamel. Plus if there is already acid there, it will get diluted. Then I also brush in the daytime if I have an important meeting or interview. What about you?
8 responses
@metschica25 (5407)
• United States
15 Jun 08
Hello, I brush my teeth when I first wake up to feel fresh and clean . Then , I will get online make coffee and eat and then brush before I start the day . I will brush mid afternoon and then again before bed.
13 Jun 08
I would like to brush my teeth 3-4 times a day (once after every meal). Having kids though makes this hard. I would brush and rinse two times a day (once in the morning and once at night before going to bed). But if for some reason I feel that gross slim on my teeth or encounter bad breath due to eating onions or something that causes bad breath I would brush or have a quick rinse.
20 May 08
Usually about 3 times a day, but it does depend what I'm doing on a specific day. Always in the morning when I get up, and of course the same at night, and then just whenever I go out again during the day, so sometimes that none, or one, or more. Especially if I got to college in the day and then work at night, my teeth/mouth needs to fresh at all times.
@eagle_f15 (2054)
• Malaysia
20 May 08
I brush me teeth ywice a day. Sometimes extra once that is after lunch. And if I am at home and I ate biscuit or sweet or something that sticks all over my mouth I would guggle then brush my teeth. Me too if I am having a meeting with my tupps customers or music students I will brush my teeth before meeting them. The Amway glister mouth spray helps alot in situations where teeth can't be brush
@megumiart (3781)
• United States
20 May 08
I do just the same. :] I also brush my teeth before I go out for something important, like a meeting or a date. I like chewing Trident gum, too. xD
@nick1in (195)
• Lucknow, India
19 May 08
I like to brush my teeth at least 3 times a day. It keeps my teeth really clean and odour free. You will be less likely to face an embarassing situation due to bad odours, and since all food particles are scrubed away you will not get any cavaties. Use flouride toothpaste for best results. Floss your teeth daily to remove muck from between the teeth. When brushing teeth, use up and down motion as well as circular motion for maximum cleaning of teeth.
@mayka123 (10598)
• India
19 May 08
I just manage to brush my teeth once a day.
• Indonesia
19 May 08
similar with you, i usually brush my teeth immediately after waking up in the morning and before going to bed in the evening. i also clean my tongue using tongue cleaner. it's said that 85% part of dirt in our mouth is at our tongue, and the rest 15% at our teeth.