My child birthday is near, How can i absent to my Work?

July 1, 2008 2:12am CST
my son is turning to 2 years old this thursday, i already say to my boss that i will be absent on that day, then it is OK, but theres an email send to my boss that we have an audit on the same day. What will i do, i think i also need in my work, but i want to be with my son the whole day. please advice. Thanks
3 responses
@checapricorn (16066)
• United States
1 Jul 08
That is quite hard nice, I guess you also need to be in the office since that is an Audit, how about being there early and after the audit, you will go home and be with your son. You can ask some relatives to cook some of the menu and prepare the place and maybe invite kids to be in your house for afternoon snacks!
• Philippines
5 Jul 08
yes this is what i've done. thanks to all your suggestions.
@bea_29 (321)
• Philippines
1 Jul 08
you must comply first to your boss so as not to offend him. the company is your bread and butter. you can make a small celebration after 5 pm and have a childrens party on the weekends.
@agihcam (1915)
• Philippines
1 Jul 08
I guess you need to report to work. Keep praying that the audit schedule will be re-sked. But basically, our work is the first source of our income, so we need to have a balance decision, since it is the second year, I guess it is less important than the previous birthday. You can then celebrate this event in the other day. For me it is a valid reason for not celebrating your son's birthday because you have an important task to do in your company.