I sort of have a dilema ....

United States
July 14, 2008 12:20am CST
I really need some advice! I plan to travel to Sweden December 12th- January 4th, and I am going to apply for my US passport Tuesday. I am wondering if I should get my ticket before the rates go up, or wait for my passport to arrive. How possible is it that I may buy a ticket and then not get my passport, wasting a lot of money. How long did it take for you to get your passport, if you have one? And what should I do about the ticket situation??? Thank you so much!
1 response
• United States
14 Jul 08
I'd go ahead and buy the ticket, if you know the dates. If you're in the US, you shouldn't have any issues getting into Sweden with a passport, unless you have a criminal background or are not a citizen of the US. If you're going to be staying there more than 90 days, you'll need a visa and you should probably wait until you get that before booking a ticket. You can always get a refundable ticket, if you're concerned about not being able to getting a passport. It took me about a month to have my passport renewed, but I'd advise applying a few months before you leave.