Do you think it is cheaper to text

@jhl930 (3605)
i have heard of some of my friends that will get unlimited texting and just very little talking time on their cell phone plan and they say that that is really cheaper than almost anything else they have found...and i didn't know about this because whenever i talk to someone i really want to talk to them...but what i was just wondering is what everyone else thinks on this matter because on one hand when i am working or something texting is easier...so do you think it is cheaper and would you rather text or talk on the phone?
@sk66rc (4261)
I signed up for unlimited plan... Plan itself is $99.99 & it includes unlimilted voice calling, text messaging, picture messaging, voice messaging (recording voice & sending it like text message)... Then I have blackberry plan which is $19.99... It includes unlimited internet access & also e-mails... With little bit of discount I get for working at the place I do, I pay $116/month... So basically it doesn't matter which way I communicate with people, it's all the same for me... It works out great for me... I use my phone for just about everything...
I don't text very often and I use my cell phone as my primary phone, so texting is more expensive for me. I have a very cheap minutes plan and can talk as much as I want for like $25/month -- local or long distance. I'd be pecking on my phone for hours if I wanted to have the 2 hour conversations that I have with my parents.