United States
July 17, 2008 7:58pm CST
where is the modulator on the transmission
1 response
@ShealM (388)
• Canada
18 Jul 08
Take a peek at the intake (where the air filter hose goes into the air filter box). You will see a metal line that threads in (between something called a tps and iacv) and follow that line. It runs down the back of the motor and terminates into a rubber hose near the top of the transmission. This hose goes into the transmission modulator valve. If you remove the air filter box (or cover) completely it will make it easier to work on the modulator. Just be sure you get the right part for the right model and make of the car in question. Different manufactured parts for different models and brand of vehicles. There are universal parts as well but be sure you have the right modulator part for the vehicle.