Today is Hammock Day

July 22nd Do you own a hammock? We got DH one for Father's Day. We found one that is a fold up kind, so when we go camping, we can take it with us. I can remember my grandmother having one in between two trees when I was a kid. It was big enough for my brother and I to lay on it. The only thing was that it was made of rope so it wasn't the most comfortable. I wonder how Gilligan and the Professor did it for so many years?? Enjoy the day! Summer is in full swing. It's time to slow down and to relax. During the Dog Days of summer (and all of the other summer days, too), there is no better place to slow down and relax, than on a hammock. Hammock Day is appropriately celebrated right in the middle of the Dog Days of summer (July 3 though August 11th. Hammock Day exists to enjoy summer as it should be enjoyed. People celebrate Hammock Day by spending as much time relaxing on it as possible. Getting out of your hammock to get a snack, or your favorite summer beverage is okay. But, it is not a day for work. Cutting the lawn is forbidden on this day. The roots of Hammock Day and Hammock Day history is largely unknown. Maybe the originator was too busy napping on his or her hammock!?!
@nutanjain (898)
HI i did not knew that today it was hammock day thanx for reminding me i have also lied down on hammock in my childhood days but there is on thing to be accepted about hammocks that they are vey comfortable if they are made of fine cloth but the rope on might break your sleep in the middle and gilligan used to be my best tv series and i was waitng that it might comee with new productions
Thanks for the response. I goofed in my original post and wanted to correct myself. It was Gilligan and the Skipper that slept in hammocks, not the professor. Production ended a long time ago. We did find at the Dollar Spot at Target the Rescue of Gilligan's Island. I don't know how I missed that. It was good, even my girls liked it. The only negative was that it was not the original Ginger.