Contract for writing.

@alpha7 (1910)
France
Are contracts given out on the grounds of the period you have been writing for a Company or do they just pick your articles and if they are ok,they award you a contract? I saw in some websites that pay people for their articles written for them and i just want to be sure that it's not just that the Company will use people and drop their articles later after they've taken out important points they need.Is there any contrat signed before you write for them?
@kenzie45230 (3563)
If you're going to write for a site that pays peanuts, chances are that you're not going to sign a contract. There may be guidelines to follow and a pay scale mentioned, but rarely a contract. If you're interested in finding out if a company, publication, or online ezine has not honored their contract (written or implied) there are plenty of sites where you can check on that before writing and submitting. I have a subscription myself to Writer's Weekly - where the newsletter editor has a Whispers and Warnings column. http://www.writersweekly.com/whispers_and_warnings.php Any writer's site can also give you examples of what should and what should not be in a writing contract.
@alpha7 (1910)
• France
Thank you.