How much would you spend on your child B-day party?

@tlb0822 (1412)
Today I was watching sweet 16 and I was just blown away on how much they spend on these parties. I mean they just are going to put us average people to shame. Not only that now my sister is griping to my mom about having this massive party for her birthday. I think that the parties are a little excessive. What is the max that you would spend for your childs birthday party? Do you thing that extravagant parties are necessary?
@yogeshdhusa (2237)
A small party with the family members and close friend is necessary.. but a big where you are spening lots of money and gaining nothing is wastage of time and money, The party should be like people should cometogether and enjoy the eachother, and should remember the time spend .. something consturctive. thanks and enjoy :)
I think some kids parties have gotten way out of hand. When my kids were little for the first couple of years i would have it at the McDonalds or Chuckie Cheese,for my Grandson's 2nd birthday we had it at the Burger King and the kids climbed and played. The most i would pay is a little over $100.00 and that includes the food for adults. I would rather give the money to the children or buy them something that they really wanted. I think sometimes the party is for the parents to have something that they never had or to try to impress their friends or family. It to me teaches the children that in order to have a good time and to have their friends come over or to be popular that they need to have the very best. Children and some adults need to realize that people like you for you not for what you have or what you can buy.
@se7enthbird (8328)
sweet 16? har har har i dont know i have a son not a daugther. here in our country it is more popular to celebrate a daugther's 18th birthday than 16. i saw my sisters (i have two sisters) celebrates their 18th birthday with parties and a lot of visitors. but i think during those days our dad has some how money to spend. for me i maybe throwing a party for my son on his 7th birthday but not all out. it ould still be managing the budget. too much is no longer practical.