Is it ok to believe in god and not in religion? ONLY FOR SERIOUS MYLOTTERS!

@a3sachin (531)
I'm a very logical person. I kinda dont believe in religion. All religion teaches you to be good anyway. I believe all one needs is to be true to one`s self. I have seen many people who deeply believe in god and religion commit grave crimes. What is the point of believing in religion? Is it not OK to just be good and true? Try your best to make at least one person smile today. Be happy and make others happy. Its ok to believe in god because you need someone to thank at the end of the day; to keep you focused and to give you hope. But the big question is, do we need religion for doing all this? Is it a medium without which we cant reach god? Ok let me make one thing clear. This discussion is not aimed at condemning any faith in any manner. This discussion is not about religion itself. so please answer wisely and lets take this in a matured way.
@sirnose (2440)
I look at it this way I would rather facts over fiction any day...I believe that something put all this here and that one day the someone or something will be reveal to us all, but,right now I think that religion has served it purposes and its time to look at other ways to do things like stamping out proverty,misunderstanding,wars,dieases,etc.I believe this is what a God or Creator would want it's creation to work on the problems that bogs us down .