Purpose Of Tags

@Chevee (5915)
Can any one explain to me what the tags are for at the end of a discussion and are they useful, or important. Does it help with the placement of the discussion, or the advertising. Should we give it a tag sometime I do and sometime I don't.
@myklj999 (15001)
I'm going to go completely off-topic here for a moment, but I shall return to it and answer your question at the end. This is one of those times where I am answering from my email. I can see that this was posted at least three hours ago, so I will assume you already have your answer. However, I can't see the entire discussion until I post my answer since I'm doing it from email. But myLot says we're supposed to read all responses before we post our own to a topic. So I'm stuck in the no man's land of having to violate the rules just to answer you! Kinda silly in a way, isn't it? ANYWAY...back on topic now...the tags are simply (to my understanding) a way to easily locate discussions with using only one word. If you tag a topic, even though it may not show, it has been entered into the database for you, so if you type that word into the search bar at the top of the page, you can easily find any discussions you have tagged with this particular word. At least I think that is how it works...
@Chevee (5915)
Rules are made to be broken, Thank you.
@sunnflr (2767)
I believe they help when someone is hunting for discussions on a particular topic. For instance, I'll type diabetes into the search box for discussions and anything with that in the title or tags comes up.