Music at work

It's very rare that I have a job that says no, you're not aloud to listen to music, OR no, you can't listen to your music even if you have earphones. True, I understand this can hinder the workplace to some extent, BUT, my roommate works in a plant, where you can't hear anyone talk ANYWAYS, and they wear those big ear muff*s to protect their ears, and they're not aloud to listen to their mp3 players (I would say a brand name, but I don't wanna advertise haha) At my evening job, a pizza place, I don't think it was fair that I couldn't wear my earphones, because if I keep them at a certain level, as well as keep one, I can hear everything just fine...but they might use the reason, it'll get caught on something b;ah blah blah. Anybody else have this issue, you annoyed? or glad? ALSO, the word MUFF*S is a word that violates mylots language LOL
@Anne18 (11036)
I have awalys work in places where music has been played and it has been a very important part of the job to have hte music playng, working in cafes and hosiptals, old peoples home. is a very good way to get interested in loads of different musics.
Oh yes, when I worked at this cancer clinic, we got a few different relaxation cds, and some had samba music, I got to play with a lot of those hehe.