Psychology Myth ..!!!!

i am a graduate ..i hav intrest in psychology n i want to do a course in it so dat i can understnd the subject well ..but my parents didnt agreed for psychology just coz thy think its doesnt hav many career options..is it so ???
@bjcyrix (6910)
Hi! I so know what you mean. I wanted to take up Psychology for college as well. Not because of the job opportunities available but for self fulfillment. Im just really interested on the subject and would want to know more about it. But when it was time for me to enroll in college, well, my parents have a split decision. They are the ones sending me to college after all. My Mom was okay about it and even joked that my patients would be crazier than me. But my Dad wouldnt hear of it. He wanted me to pursue a business course. He talked me out of it 'interviewing' me where I wanted to go with that Pyschology thing. I couldnt tell him that its for me cause he would really have a fit. So in the end I took up a business course, its okay for me cause its my second choice after all. As for the job opportunities, there would really be just a few. Only consultants and teachers would be available. If you're looking for a high pay with that course, the best route would be to go to America and put up a private practice. That would really pay off well. Whatever you decide, Goodluck!
lol..ppl are crazi but i like the subject alot..anyways ...thanx ..[:p]
@bjcyrix (6910)
hehehe..you're welcome.