Seven years ago today

...I found out one of my favourite singers had died. Any of you remember youreouttahere.com? Well I went to that website, and found a picture of Aaliyah there. My reaction: "What?" Further Internet research confirmed it all for me: She had been killed a day earlier in a plane crash. I had spent Saturday, August 25 pretty much at home. I had no access to a computer. So I spent the day at home. It was a rainy soggy day, I didn't feel like doing anything. But on Sunday, Aug. 26, I spent the day catching up on email and my favourite websites. That is how I learned she had died. I grieved for weeks. Her life story was inspirational. As were her songs. Especially, "if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." What is Aaliyah's legacy to you?
I also remember when everyone found out that Aaliyah had passed away. Everyone was really shocked and devastated. I mean she was so young. And not only that, but she was so talented. She was beautiful,a great singer and dancer. She just had it all. And I just think that if she were alive today, a lot of these new singers wouldn't have a chance. For me, I loved all of her music. It seems like there is a void in the r&b songs that are played today. I think Aaliyah's music could fill that void.