Favorite Recipes

@mom4kids (658)
You have many recipes. What are your top favorites. My top favorites are my Chocolate Chip cookies and my Alfredo sauce. I will include the recipes and please feel free to share your favorites. This could be good and tasty and a great way to expand our recipe books! Mrs. Feilds Chocolate Chip Cookies 1 c margarine 1/2 c sugar 1 1/2 c brown sugar 2 eggs 1 1/2 tsp vanilla 2 1/2 c flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp salt 2 chocolate chips Cream margarine and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Add rest of ingredients except chocolate chips. Beat until mixed. Add chips and stir. Roll into balls press down lightly and cook at 350 for 9-11 minutes. Good Alfredo Sauce 1/4 c margarine 1 c parmesan cheese (I use Kraft) 1/3 c flour 2 c milk 1/2 tsp salt desired amount of garlic minced (I use 6 cloves) Melt margarine on stove over medium heat. Add dry ingredients and whisk, add milk, stir quickly making sure to get out any lumps. Cook, stirring often until thickened. Add garlic when thick. Serve over fettuccine noodles. This dish is excellent with chicken cut up and stirred in. Put mozza cheese over top and broil in oven for a few minutes. Tasty, better than a restaurants! Not good in the calories department though!
I admit that I am not the cook in my family. That distinction I leave to my husband, who can make the best filet mignon or cornish hen. But there are a couple of things that I am infamous for, and those are 'meal in a skillet' or casseroles. This is one of my favorite casserole recipes. It takes very little prep time, (more time online for me!) and it is actually quite good and filling. You need the following ingredients: 2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (You can also substitute cream of mushroom, but, yuck, I hate mushrooms!) 1 1/3 cup milk 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 Tablespoon mustard 2 16 oz cans sauerkraut (drained) 1 8 oz bag of uncooked egg noodles 1 1/2 pound kielbasa or Polish sausage 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (This is an estimate...I love cheese and usually just pour it on! Also, I sometimes substitute mozzarella for the Swiss.) 3/4 cup wheat bread crumbs 2 tablespoons melted butter First, spread the sauerkraut in a greased 13 x 9 pan. Top this with the uncooked noodles. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion and mustard and mix well. Spoon this mixture over the noodles. Cut the kielbasa or sausage into 1/2 inch or so pieces and place them on top of the soup mixture, then top with the cheese. Combine crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle these over the top of the casserole. Cover the pan with foil and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about an hour, or until the noodles are tender.
@BriNbai (912)
Oh that sounds like a really good recipe for the cookies and the sauce too.Thanks I am going to try one of them soon.I have to say that my favorite recipe is the one for the mexican flan my mom sometimes makes.