punishment

My personal opinion is that they should still have the paddles in school. Of course only using them with the parents permission. Kids, including my own, have gotten so completely out of control. I would let them use it on my 3. It would have been a huge help, especially last school year. So many single parents out there. And so many parents are too busy working or partying to correct their children. I believe if proper discipline were still in the school systems, we wouldn't need metal detectors in the schools. Of course the discipline must start at home. What are your thoughts on this?
@aseretdd (13736)
You have a point... but then... corporal punishment is so open to a lot of abuses in the educational system... and i think it would create more negative effects rather than good one... i am for spanking the child from time to time... as long as it is not too much or doesn't really hurt the child... and i think i would like it if someone else would lift a finger at my daughter other than me... because i know how to control myself...
I think if a parent is comfortable with someone other than themselves paddling their child than so be it. However, if parents do not tolerate that kind of punishment, than that must be respected as well. I also think their should be a level of naughtiness that would include paddling. For example no children, under the age of 8 should be paddled. Only paddle for severe infractions, such as biting, spitting, or hitting of other children. Serious offenses, not getting out of your chair without permission, or some other dumb rule.