Can household pesticides hurt my cat?

@apples99 (6564)
United States
September 21, 2008 1:26am CST
I sometimes use household pesticides to keep the bugs away but i worry that using them might hurt or even possibly kill my cat so i use them very rarely and i was wondering if using household pesticides hurt or kill my cat?
1 person likes this
3 responses
@pinks17 (2192)
• Philippines
21 Sep 08
If I have to spray a pesticide.I keep my cats inside their pet carrier and we will have to stay outside together with my boyfriend.I am afraid that my cats will get sick...My boyfriend bought my Garfield it cost him a lot and the other one was given as a gift from his aunt.I love them so much and I don't want any of them to get sick or die.So for prevention we bring them outside with us and we will just let the spray pesticide subside then that's the time well get in to the house again.
1 person likes this
@Humbug25 (12551)
21 Sep 08
Hey there apples99 I don't think they would kill her, they might make her sick but she might just smell it and decide she's not interested in it either. Just look out for eating grass and throwing up.
• United States
21 Sep 08
yes, they can be harmful to pets. just read the entire bottle/packing to find the info..by law it is supposed to be there. we all know that if WE ingest a pesticide/cleaner (etc) that it will be harmful and sometimes fatal..pets are much smaller than us, therefore much more likely to get a lot more damage/injury in a MUCH SMALLER amount than we would. never use any pesticides/cleaners (etc) anywhere near your pets toys, food/water bowls. if you must treat the area near their food and water..REMOVE the dishes until the product has dried completly. and NEVER spray something anywhere near the dishes either..cause the mist will float or be caught in air currents in your home and can travel to the dishes. like i said above..READ ALL THE WARNING LABELS ON THE PRODUCT PACKAGING.