Vegetarian Recipes

I have to confess...I'm overweight; but I want to change that. In my quest to lose weight, and be overall healthier, I am looking at eating healthier foods. If you have any healthy vegetarian recipes that are easy to make, and you'd like to share them, feel free to list them here. It doesn't necessarily have to be vegetarian recipes, but the more vegetarian recipes that you can provide, the better. Thank you in advance!
@mvpetri (36)
• Brazil
Individuals choosing to follow a vegetarian diet often choose additional healthy lifestyle habits such as regular physical exercise, frequent exposure to sunlight, and fresh air. These are all factors considered essential to achieving and maintaining optimal nutrition and a healthy body weight. Sufficient skin exposure to sunlight produces an adequate amount of vitamin D. In the absence of frequent sunlight exposure, vitamin D becomes an important nutritional factor and a dietary requirement. Nutrition sources include fortified foods such as cereals and dairy. Daily exposure to fresh air and outdoor activities is also desirable and may have an added mental--as well as physical-- benefit. The Surgeon General recommends that all adults participate in regular, daily physical activity that is aerobic in nature and promotes fitness and well-being. Physical activity should be balanced with energy intake to ensure a healthy body weight. For Everone: Think about it =D There's some really god stuff, like vegetarian pizza Ingredients: * 1 16 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained * 3/4 cup salsa * 1 - 12 inch thin crust pizza crust * 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese * 1 yellow or green bell pepper, sliced into thin rings * 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings * 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or green onions Preparation: Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place 3/4 cup beans in small bowl and partially mash with potato masher or back of wooden spoon. Add salsa; mix well. Spread bean mixture evenly over pizza crust. Top pizza with cheese, remaining beans, peppers and onions. Place pizza on baking sheet; bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Top with cilantro; cut into 12 thin wedges. Enjoy your vegetarian taco pizza!
@kiran8 (15348)
• Mangalore, India
Any combination of cut vegetables with sprouts and fresh yogurt with a dash of pepper and salt is not only healthy but filling and nutritious.One can eat this without feeling guilty and this sure helps in loosing weight
Hello! I hope you like watermelon and tomato salad. Both are good source of Lycopene and is good with low-fat feta cheese. Watermelon is also rich in water so it won't be heavy on your diet. :) Watermelon and Tomato Salad Ingredients: 2 cups cubed or melon-balled watermelon 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil freshly ground black pepper 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint 3 tbsp reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles Preparation: Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Whisk lime juice, oil and pepper and drizzle over fruit. Sprinkle mint over salad, toss well, then add feta crumbles. Serve at room temperature. Serves 4. Per Serving: Calories: 92 Calories from Fat: 33 Total Fat: 3.6g (sat. fat: 1.4g) Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 204mg Carbohydrate: 10.4g Fiber: 1.6g Protein: 4.3g Happy Mylotting!
I always make salad by my own. Buy a bag of fresh salas, with some vege sausage (made by Toufu), I used to get it from Wegment's (in new york state or MD, or PA), and add your favorite dressing, it is really YAMI!