Cookies and Biscuits

@donna22 (1120)
October 11, 2008 1:13pm CST
Over here we call cookies biscuits except for the soft type which are called cookies. Things like digestives, rich teas, custard creams etc are called biscuits. We have chocolate chip cookies etc as well. Do other countries have what we call biscuits as well?
3 responses
@Munchkin547 (2778)
12 Oct 08
Now i have read this discussion i really want a biscuit!! hmmm i nice jammy dodger dipped in a hot cup of tea!! that would be really good!! lol xxx
@donna22 (1120)
12 Oct 08
I like ginger snaps dipped in coffee best lol
@parthieie (418)
• India
13 Oct 08
not no much about that and dont take interest in eating them.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
11 Oct 08
I was just about to say that you sound British when I discovered that you are! So I can only agree that what we call a biscuit is often, but not always, what our US friends call cookies. Many other commonwealth countries call them biscuits too. Not sure about Canada though. They call some things the same as us, and other things not.