Does your partner/spouse ALWAYS forget birthdays anniversary's

New Zealand
I have been married for 18 years and we have been together 25 years in all. My husband never remmembers me at xmas, birthdays,anniversary's. Am i unreasonable to feel pretty bad about this or is this just a man thing. Answers from men also might help here. I try very hard to make life pleasant for my husband he doesnt have to do anything much at home and everything is layed on for him. I work full time and have always been aware not to place the full financial burden on him and I also have two cool boys. I am careful with my appearance and do not let myself go. (look 30 am 43) but very tired trying to keep it all up. Would sometimes like to know i mean something or are special. (Guess thats a girl thing) What do you think am i selfesh?? i am very concious of trying to see things from the male point of view also. What do you think???