how much calories required each day for good health

@yadav8797 (1211)
friend tell me how much calories will be required for good health??so that people not over- weight and under weight in future or under weight??tell me in detail
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
I am not so sure about it but I think it is 240 calories that are allowed to be use in each of the day and the thing is the health club or the dietician can helped you in this matter......
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
Here is the calculation base on my weight, height and having a minimum calories of 240 until 500 calories in a day is the only thing I try to make it for my physical outlook and diet purpose as well.....
@winterose (39918)
I am not sure, I think it is 1500 to 2000 calories,
Hi yadav8797, I think you should have 1000 calories a day. Tamara
@suspenseful (40316)
It depends in your size and if you are a man or woman. Most normal sized women need about 2000 cal. but if you are a little shorter, you will need less. However if you passed menopause that goes down to 1800 if you are moderately active and that applies to most women. If you are very active, like you are into athletics or live on a farm and do a lot of hard work, that goes up to 2000.
@adihindu (1922)
The generally accepted guidelines tell us that men need 2500 kcal per day and women 2000 kcal. The important point is that women need only 80% of the calories that men do, because women's bodies tend to be smaller (even very tall or big women should have more delicate bones than a man of the same size). When eating out, or getting a takeaway meal, men and women will be served the same size portions - and will probably eat the same amount. Try to remember portion sizes should be moderate, don't be afraid to leave food on your plate - you could always go for the 'doggy bag' option! Alternatively, stop eating when you are not quite full as it takes time for your stomach to send full-up signals to your brain. The main factor that affects how many daily calories you need is how active you are. Sure, body shape / genes / metabolism all have some influence on your weight - but lifestyle is the key. If you loll on the sofa glued to the TV, you won't burn calories as fast as someone running about in the fresh air. It is possible to calculate the number of calories you need; by multiplying your resting metabolic rate with your activity factor. How to work these out can be found on-line. Our fat contains approximately 3500 kcal per pound (or about 7800 kcal per kilo). So aiming to lose a pound a week means reducing your calorie requirement by 500 kcal a day. It's not a good idea to lose more than a pound or two (up to 1 kilo) a week, and if you do, you'll only be losing water and muscle - not fat. You don't have to calculate how many calories you need each day, you can easily estimate how much is enough (or too much). If you are so full after a meal that you feel uncomfortable, well then, you have overeaten - do that regularly and you will gain weight. On the other hand, if you are always hungry - even soon after eating - you may need to eat more. However, if this sounds like you please get yourself checked out by a doctor as there are several medical conditions that can make you feel hungry when you aren't really. The thing is to enjoy eating, savour the flavour rather than pile the plate. What we eat can make all the difference, and small changes really can transform our figures! And a walk after dinner won't hurt either... And finally - did you know that being overweight could actually shorten your life?
@Metalchick (1387)
They say that the guided daily amount for women is 2000kcals and for men it's 2500kcal. I try and stick to this sometimes when I need to lose a few pounds and if I want to lose weight quickly i'll cut down on this allowance further by only eating 1500kcals which is still viewed as a reasonably healthy amount to eat. However on the flip side if your constantly eating more than 2000 a day or 2500 as a man you could be setting yourself up for problems in the future or so i've heard.