How to break the fear of cats and dogs?

Improve your tolerance level by getting to know more about the animal. Look at pictures of the animal and even watch some movies featuring a dog or cat. Then try to get close to the animal. The last step is that of petting the animal.
@uditpanda (1023)
hello mayank i also go with the same view...U see desensitization is the best way to beat any phobia....the more u see anything that u fear, the more acclimatisation happens in ur mind & ur mind starts accepting things the ways they are instead of fearing them. U can visit any neighbour or friend who has a pet or showing a little bravery u can keep one of ur own. Due course of time ypur fear the fear will go away & u will start loving them.....have a good day
@dodo19 (34697)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I think another good way to break it also to spend time with them. When I was eight, I was bitten on the arm by a german sheppard. As you may imagine, I was traumatized. I didn't like being around big dogs. But my fiance has a mixed german sheppard and labrador. At first, I was very nervous. But now I comfortable with big dogs, especially with my fiance's dog. I'm not saying it's entirely gone, but my fear for big dogs is better. So, your advice is good, but I think spending time with them is also good.