People can be evil

I was talking to a friend of my mothers saturday about the tragic and horrid case in the UK of "Baby P" this wa of a baby whose mother and two male friends would torture this poor baby until it died.There were burns on his face and body,his bones had been broken and he was covered in injuries,this went on for a long time and yet the social services did nothing about it. I said that they were evil people and she aid that they were not.She said that they were probably on drugs and that was why they did what they did. Do you think that they were evil people,they tortured and killed an innocent child. If thats not evil,what is?
@deedeehall (1144)
well this question does not even have to be ask this is the worst thing ever and yea these people have to have some kind of problem. i cant even talk about this that babys pain is to much for me to bare.where is help when our little ones need it?
I know,it was their job to protect him and they failed him.