back pains turned out to be kidney stones

i haven't posted here for several days because when i went to my ob gyne last thursday, she immediately had me admitted to the hospital because of the excruciating pain that i had been experiencing. anyway, she suspected kidney infection or just spasms from gas. but when i underwent the ultrasound, it was found that i have a kidney stone stuck in my ureter, 3 inches from my kidney. it is really very painful. they let me stay in the hospital for 3 days. thank God, my two doctors, both the ob gyne and the urologist, gave me discounts. i was just given medication and i am out now. but we are all waiting until the stone goes down my ureter to my bladder and eventually, it will just be passed out in my bladder as part of my urine. but while it is going down, i will have to endure the pain because there is no other alternative treatment. the medication is for the stone to become smaller and can just easily pass out my very small tube. the stone is 7mm in diameter, and it is quite big for my ureter. anyway, it is only a single stone but it has caused me so much discomfort since sunday. i am glad i went to the hospital because the pain has been managed. how about you? have you experienced this? thanks all and have a happy sunday! merry christmas!
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
21 Dec 08 sorry to hear that..since you are pregnant and having a kidney is difficult i think...but just trust GOD he will give some miracle for you and your baby....take care and have a nice day
I'm also having a stone in my left kidney and it is about 4 mm and it was diagnosed during my health check. Thank God, till date I've not experienced pain. I've already started medication and I'm taking plantain pith soup and juice once a week. Is there any other food that will help dissolve the stone or flush the stone out? Are you abstaining from foods like Tomatoes and cabbage? Is there any instances of Kidney stone problems in your parents or close blood relatives? My mother suffered from kidney stone twice. One of my paternal uncle also suffered from Kidney stone. Stone formation is also due to imbalanced food habits and sometimes also due to medication for some other ailments.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you will be alright now and all throughtout your pregnancy. keep yourself rested. god bless.