Did You Have Your Fill of Christmas Movies?

@anniepa (27248)
This year I seemed to watch more holiday themed movies than ever before because I've had more time on my hands. I watched some old favorites that I usually watch like "The Christmas Shoes" and I also saw some new ones and some that were just new to me. I saw "Most Wonderful time of the Year" last night and really enjoyed it. Today I saw "Lost Holiday/The Suzanne and Jim Shemrock Story which was based on a true story. I also saw "Christmas Town", "Christmas Child", "Borrowed Hearts" and "Three Days". Oh, and I FINALLY watched "A Christmas Story" all the way through for the first time. I still have a few more recorded or set to record on my DVR including "Silent Night" and "Noel", which I saw part of a few years ago but not the whole thing. What Christmas movies did you watch this year? Do you have any favorites that you MUST see every year? Annie
@ZephyrSun (7385)
I really don't like Christmas movies but, I did watch all the "classic" Christmas cartoons this year with my 4 year old he's the only one that still enjoys them out of my three boys. When I was growing up my step dad was a Christmas movie nuts and all the movies would play year round. "It's a Wonderful Life" would play all day on Christmas and I would have to hide in my room to get away from it.
@anniepa (27248)
I really don't remember watching many Christmas shows or movies as a child other than Bob Hope and Dean Martin specials...lol...WOW, I'm really showing my age! Annie
@ZephyrSun (7385)
Well...we didn't get a VCR until I was a teen. I think we were the only family that had computers but not a VCR lol My step dad was a programmer until the industry moved that overseas. Then we were stuck watching, It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story
@worldwise1 (14887)
For the most part, anniepa, I avoided the Christmas movies this year. I did, however, order my favorite, Home Alone, and watched it a few times. I spent most of my time listening to Christmas music and enjoying my little tree.
@anniepa (27248)
I don't have a tree at my house - figured the cats would make short work of it...lol! However, my daughter has more cats that I do and she has one. She also has to redecorate it a dozen times a day! Annie
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I've only seen one, and that was "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Cloony. Love that movie. They've been running "ELF" a lot here and I just don't like that at all. I wouldn't mind seeing "The Santa Clause" again. I would love to see the original "Miracle on 34th Street" again, also. Another one that's popular that I just don't like to watch is "A Christmas Story". I know a lot of people like it, but it just annoys me to no end. It's funny, because I do enjoy the first "Home Alone".
@anniepa (27248)
Like I said, I just watched "A Christmas Story" for the very first time this year after hearing about how great it is for over 20 years. I enjoyed it but I don't expect to watch it over and over again, year after year like some do. I'll have to catch "Home Alone" again. I haven't seen that since it first came out. I don't think I ever saw the sequel at all. Annie
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I saw that you said that you'd seen that movie, but I didn't realize it was the same one I was thinking of until I went looking online for it. That's when I saw the title was the same one. The sequel to "Home Alone" wasn't quite as good as the first (which is true of most sequels), but it was cute-ish. The first one was best. The mother's efforts to get home reminded me of "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" with Steve Martin and John Candy. That was also a Christmas release, I think.
I watched one of the Charlie Brown Christmas movies, I also watched a lot of the cartoon Christmas movies. I didn't actually get to watch all the ones that I was rather interested in because I didn't find them on TV at all this year. I was actually a bit disappointed with that but there is always next year.
@anniepa (27248)
That's one thing I didn't see this year - cartoon movies. I saw so many of them when my grandkids were younger I think I've still got them all memorized. Annie
@Bd200789 (2994)
I didn't watch any this year, but I did see a few of Christmas cartoons like "The Year Without a Santa Claus".
@anniepa (27248)
I didn't see any cartoons this year, just live action movies. Annie
i had been watching "The Holiday" and "Bridgette Jones Diary" every year and some that are not Christmas movies such as City of Angels and the new movie that i fell in love with "Twilight"..