Can you limit your drinks to one or two or do you tend to over drink?

For the past 15 years I have been drinking one peg of Whisky everyday as a regular routine. I do not have the second peg unless the is a party or some special occasion. There has not been any occasion for me to skip my single peg too. I find that most people can not restrict to a single peg and they must have the second one and then the third and this keeps on building up till their drinking becomes uncontrolled. Either they have 3-4 pegs or they do not have at all.
@kbourgerie (8775)
When I was in my early 20's I drank alot and then suddenly I stopped. I hate the way it makes me feel. The only time I drink now is if I go out for dinner then I might have a mixed drink, but thats not too often. I also have a health condition that prevents me from drinking too much and though I wish I didn't have the condition, if it stops me from drinking, maybe its a good thing.
@syeryn (574)
I'm a casual drinker and usually one or two mixed drinks a night on the weekends is all I consume. We all have times where we consume more than we would normally consume though and I am no different when it comes to that either.
@diillu (5130)
I think it's really nice to have such a good will power. As for me I am totally a drinker and once I start drinking I don't have controls over my drinking. So, it's been coupld of months I have totally left drinking. I quit. Nowadays I don't drink at all. I thought this was the best way to control over my drinking cause as long as I don't quit completely I would never be able to control over my driking.