Over 900 Billion and Still Climbing!!

@rodney850 (2145)
As the following article states, the Great American Socialist Starter Program has topped 900 billion and it is still expected to get larger! GASSP, better known as Project Porkage did in fact cut a couple slices from the bacon but they were modest at best considering the size of the almost 1 trillion dollar bill! I feel so bad for the starving movie producers who will not get their 246 million dollar tax break and probably will have to cut their profit margin just to buy film--NOT! Even though a couple cutbacks were made, they were more than made up for by more porkage add-ons! Here is the article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090204/ap_on_go_co/congress_stimulus
@newtondak (3950)
In my honest opinion, they need to scrap the whole thing and start over - carefully considering just how each proposal is going to stimulate the economy (the original purpose of the plan). Quit pushing to get something done fast, and do something that is going to be effective.
@rodney850 (2145)
Newtondak, My thoughts exactly! I really don't see how much of this porkage money can do anything to stimulate the economy and furthermore, a great deal of this "stimulis" money will not enter the picture until 2010 and that is way beyond the predicted time-frame of this recession/depression!
@newtondak (3950)
That is my understanding - that a lot of the money that will be given out will have to go through various governmental agencies - who will actually be the ones to accept applications for the funds and decide who will get them - and that these agencies are not set up to handle these duties and won't be for a couple of years.