If my skin pores are too small, can I still get a Skin Culture test done?

@cream97 (29166)
United States
March 1, 2009 1:30pm CST
My dermatologist doctor told me that I can't get one done. He told me that it would be unnecessary. He said that I have very small pores and that I would not need a Skin Culture test done. Well, I would like to have one. I want to know all of the things that I am allergic to. I feel that I am allergic to certain foods, but I just don't know which ones that I am allergic to. So, I am asking you, should I get a second opinion on this? Can I still go to another doctor that deals with skin and allergies? Maybe they could perform one on me. I know that I am allergic to other things, and I want to know all of them.
2 people like this
4 responses
@moondancer (7434)
• United States
2 Mar 09
Utimately you have the right to have done what you feel is best for you. You have the last word as to weither you have or do not have test done. I'd tell my doctor to do it or I'd find one that will. Just because the doctor thinks he's right doesn't mean he is. You know what's best for you as you live with your body and understand it better.
1 person likes this
1 Mar 09
Hi cream97, Yes you should go and see another doctor who deals with this kind of thing to settle your mind and maybe able to help you, I know some doctors can't be bothered. You have every right to be concern about your health. Hugs. Tamara
@faith210 (11233)
• Philippines
3 Mar 09
Hi cream dear! I am not sure if having small pores got anything to do with not being able to have a skin culture test. I do think that you should have a second opinion. Tell the doctor that you need to get one done since you very well know that you have allergies and want to know your allergens or what triggers/causes the allergies that you have. Take care and have a great day! lovelots..faith
• United States
2 Mar 09
i have never heard of that before.. to me if your pores are big enough to let in allergens to have a reaction then i would think you would be able to get a test done.. but im not a doctor.. i would get a second opinion!