March 21, 2009 1:20pm CST
I have a brand new Nikon digital camera and the battery is really boggling my mind! A few weeks ago I charged my battery over night. I know that it was plugged in correctly and charging because I checked it a few times before going to bed. When I woke up I put the battery in my camera and went to use it later that day and the battery didn't last long at all! The battery is very new, it has only been charged a few times, so I know it's not completely dying. But what I am wondering is if charging it too long can take the life out of it? My manual says it only needs to charge 100 minutes, but I charged it for probably 6 or 7 hours (over night.) Any ideas as to what the problem could be? I'm hoping to get it figured out so my camera works well on our honeymoon in June!