seeing the doctor

@savypat (20246)
United States
April 1, 2009 5:48pm CST
I get to see my doctor once a year for check up, we have been together 16 years now and he is getting older, what do you do when your doctor retires? Do you go to a new young doctor or a middle age one? I hate having to change doctors.
3 responses
@riyasam (16578)
• India
2 Apr 09
even i am not comfortable when a new person comes takes times to build a rapport with him/her.usually,the new doctor works along side with the old doctor for a couple of years,then the old doctor retires.
@Opal26 (17690)
• United States
1 Apr 09
Hi pat! That is the most upsetting thing to me to have to get used to another doctor! I don't usually have the problem of them retiring! They are usually very young and move on! I have been with my latest doctor for the last 10 years! I am afraid that if I get my Disability that I may not be able to see him and I will die! I love him! He is the best doctor in every way. He knows everything about me and has the best bedside mannor! He was real young when he started at the Medical Group that I go to and I was one of his first patients! I loved him right away! And his name is Dr. Friend! He is one of those doctors that is up on the latest of everything and goes above and beyond for his patients! He really is so special and I refuse to give him up no matter what! Honestly, I would recommend a middle aged doctor. My doc is now in his 40's!
@larish (2195)
• Philippines
1 Apr 09
I will wait for my doctor to really retired & then seek a middle age doctor. Choosing a doctor means that the more senior he is in his pprofession, the more experience he has, the better & accurate judgement he can make.