What would you do if you find an abandoned/left home child?

@krupesh (2608)
I had the experience some time back when in the railway station I saw a boy(some 10 yr old) crying out loud.I enquired him why he was crying.He told me that he left his home for good as his parents used to beat him daily for not studying well.I even asked him the phone number or the address of his parents but in vain.After a long time however I tried to convince him he did not give the contact details of his parents.I called up the police & handed him over to them & came away. What would you have done in the same situation? Would you have done the same or just walked away?
I would have been unable to walk away! I am so soft hearted when it comes to kids! I would have set there for hours till I was able to do something. Returning the boy home could have been very bad for him so calling the cops I feel you done the right thing. Hopefully the boy was put in a safe place where he was not beat or mis treated! Thanks for sharing this and I feel you so done the right thing good job!