It's Things Like This That I Love Hearing About On The News

Now talk about doing something big! There's an eleven year old boy who lives in Tampa, Florida. Since '07 he's been wanting to do something big for charities for homeless children. So what is he doing? He's going to be walking all the way to Washington D.C. from Tampa! According to the article, he'll be collecting donations and letters from people urging Obama to take more action/effort in alleviating homelessness among children. It says that he's contacted the White House about meeting Obama but has yet to hear back from them. It's nice to see such a caring/compassionate kid being reported in the news for once. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_boy_s_trek
I KNOW this post is almost 7 years old BUT did the boy ever meet President Obama ? I am looking for cheerful posts during this wonderful time of the year and saw yours on the bottom right side of the home page and thought, well I'll comment and tell this person Have a happy Holiday-- so here I am @DarthJustice