Lost Social Security Card

United States
May 19, 2009 10:26pm CST
My family and I just moved. In the middle of this move my boyfriend has lost all his identification; his Id's,his social security,etc. Needless to say for the past two months Ive been trying to get him a replacement social security card. Let me telll you this is no easy feet! I took him the first time he waited for hours in line just to be turned down. He brought his birth certificate and his high school transcript to prove identity and they told him again they needed more information such as a medical record or picture id but we can't obtain those without a social security card. Does anyone know if they will except a W-2 or any other solution to my headaches!
2 responses
@Tom728 (176)
• United States
11 Oct 09
Call by phone. They need the things they ask for and nothing else. Bringing other things is just helping the people who steal other identities.
• United States
20 May 09
I think that your little boyfriend should be doing this and if you were my little sister I would tell him so. Sorry, I'm not meaning to be negative, but this is not your head ache. This is his head ache. Your head ache is dealing with it.