Do you talk to old people on personal matters?

@cudamani (998)
I take a lot of advice from old people on personal matter. This is simply because the old people are very experienced in life and they will certainly give us valuable guidance and tips 9on how to go about certain things in life, and solutions to certain big problems. It is always better to consider the opinion of the elders and old people on certain personal matters, and the old people should never be discarded.
Yes . I agree older people knows things better than younger once depending on their character and reputation. I used to confide my problems to those older than me because they can give more valuable and reasonable advises. There's really some big difference if you share personal things to people as old as you are or even younger because their experiences in life isn't enough to advise somebody with serious problems.But i don't mean to say also that younger people are so innocent on all things. There maybe some people out there who are very experience already about life but it's just that we can't trust them on everything yet.
@vivianchen (2648)
Hi Cudamani, I agree that old people have more experience in life because they've been through a lot. Thier advice and suggestion will be valuable for us. But one thing you have to keep it in mind. World is changing faster than what we can imagine, there are things that old people don't understand or maybe never face of. For Example, divorce is so common now a days, but in the old time, people believe marriage is once in a life time.
@Colmuc (708)
Hi cudamani, when I was young I had great respect for older people and learned a lot from them especially my grandfather who always had a lot of time for me. Now that I am one of the old people I try to give the children of my friends as much attention as I can. I don't preach to them or criticise their modern ways but I am happy to give them my views and tell them about my life.
@hanah87 (1846)
I know the old people have more experience.But i get my lesson when i tried to talk about my problem with my parent.I just want their opinion but they get mad and scold me back.I dont do or said bad thing.The old people always want to critic and never want to help.Maybe you have different experience.
• Mexico
I think old peoples are more experienced than us.So there advise is of course valuable to me.i prefer it.