Orajel & Cutting Wisdom teeth

@berlong (227)
Ok, So one of my wisdom teeth is cutting through the gum, its really irritated and VERY tender... Have any of you used Orajel? does it really work? What would you recommend me to do to ease some of the discomfort while im waiting to make an appointment for it to be extracted? Any advice is helpful.. Im in soo much pain! Thanks
@Trensue (3707)
Orajel does help with the numbing some, it is not a cure. I would definitely make the purchase. A clove bud will do the same thing if you happen to have one and don't mind the flavor. My mother used to use that all the time.
@berlong (227)
My husband just bought me Orajel Severe Pain formula. Ive never heard of the clove bud remedy... I will let you know how the orajel works out! !
I know what you are going through. Tooth pain is the worse. Orajel is good. I use Anbesol. It seems to work better for me. I also brush the area where the pain is with a toothbrush. Something about the pressure from the brushing really helps. But the bottom line is everyone is different. Get as much advice as you can and try all of them until you find something that eases the pain. I know somebody that chews bubblegum, It eases the pain for him but it makes it worse for me. I tried rinsing with salt water, that made it even worse. Good Luck! Hope you find something that works. I really feel your pain.