my cell phone fell into the toilet?

India
June 1, 2009 4:12am CST
it was only water, but it fell and now it won't get turned on, i took off the battery, sim card and back cover and currently they are in the sun, will it work again..
2 people like this
10 responses
@vonedon (96)
• China
5 Jun 09
Oh~~~,I am soory to hear that . Maybe your mobile won't work again , is the mobile's smell bad ? In the sun , you should be careful , I am worried about that they will bome~~ Earning more money in Mylot , so you can buy another .
@baressi43 (458)
• Romania
4 Jun 09
If water enter inside the electrical circuit battery and other components could be deleted.First operation you must be make is clean very attention all separate components by water and keep a time to dry.So after this you could assembly your cellphone.
@KrauseHome (32388)
• United States
4 Jun 09
Usually it really depends on the phone. My husband did this with one of his phones and had no real issue, but I have heard of others who have done this and had nothing but problems as well. For my husband and I, we found out recently that even though the Insurance to cover a phone or phone(s) might cost you, it could help in cases like this as well. Hope doing this to your phone helped.
• United States
1 Jun 09
It probably won't work again. I've dropped one in water before and ended up just buying a new one. Check to see if you have insurance for it in your contract. They may replace it for free.
@Beenice (237)
• Canada
1 Jun 09
Not to be negative but i don't think your phone will survive that. My husband worked for cell phone company and it happen to some costumers and they had to give them another phone or whatever had to be done.
@med889 (5958)
1 Jun 09
Hello skirankumar, well I think you should have dried it immediately with a hair dryer, because I have done that earlier with my mobile which is lost now, but it was okay when I took my hair dryer to dry it immediately. I hope your mobile work again.
• Philippines
1 Jun 09
The first aid that you need to do is to let it dry and use a cool blower. After drying it out, if still it can't be turned on, you really need to bring your cell phone to the technician. If some chips have been soaked wet it will be hard for you personally to dry it out. You need an expert. Even if it turned on, Time will come that your cell phone will feel the result of being soaked in water.
• India
1 Jun 09
Hope it'll work. What you have done is the first aid that must be done to a wet cell phone. For further 'medication', take him to 'cell phone hospital' and admit him there. He'll recover soon. Don't worry. This is so usual and many had recovered. So, your cell phone will be back with full health. Just be cool!
@dianmelydia (2272)
• Indonesia
1 Jun 09
Have you try to turned on your mobile phone after you take it from the water? If yes, then i'm sorry to tell you that your mobile phone is useless now. When a mobile phone dip into water, we shouldn't try to power on it. First prevention step is remove the battery and open the casing. Later let it dry. We can use hair dryer or even selica gel for better result. After we are sure both the mobile phone and the battery are dry, we can try to power on it. But if you power on it right after you take it out from water, it causing you mobile phone's power current damaging the circuit board, and it's hopeless to repair it. Have a nice day and happy mylotting.
@chillpill90 (1937)
1 Jun 09
it might do, wat i would do is get a hair dryer and use that on your sim card and the phone to dry it as quick as possible as if the water gets inside your phone it wont work at all as it will muck up the circuits.