What is your feeling if you received medals for academic awards?

Are you happy with it because it is your fruit of labor or just received it because you know you are meant for it. How do you show your feelings to your parents and classmates about that? Are you proud of it and stay hmble as you are or you get high because you are well to everyone now.
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello geniustiger. If I were to receive a medal for my academic awards, I would surely be wild with joy and would share it with my family and best friends. I will not keep it quiet. I love to have my great moments shared with my loved ones. Enjoy your life.
In my early years especially in elementary and high school I usually receive academic awards and the first thing I do is I thank God for it and stay as humble as I can. I'm really uncomfortable showing off because that's not really me and as much as possible I try to stay away from the limelight but somehow I feel happy especially if I see my mom happy with the achievements I have accomplished