A map of the world

@maximax8 (27045)
I got some money given to me for my birthday. It was just enough for me to buy a framed map of the world. It has flags at the bottom of it. At the top it has clocks showing the time zones. It is poster sized and has a plastic sheet covering it. The frame is black and looks really smart. Now all I have to do is to decide where to hang it in my home. Do you have any maps in your home? If so where are they of?
@Porcospino (16428)
• Denmark
My husband and I have a big map on our kitchen wall. It is a map of the world, and when we got it we also got a lot of small flags that we can put on the map. We decided to use the flags to mark the countries where we have already been and the countries that we want to visit. We have used all of flags, but we would like to get some more, and I think it could be nice to mark the countries that we want to visit in a different colour. When we got the map my husband immediately marked India with one of the flags, because he know that I would love to go there, and I marked New Zealand, because that is the place where my husband wants to go.
@zhuhuifen46 (3486)
I do not have a map in my home, but a model standing in our study. I heard a lot of travellers mark their map with flags showing places they have visited. That must be great fun.
@wrangel15 (1443)
I would also love to have a map on the wall of my house. It is good to see the overview of our place. On my screensaver, I have the globe with a black background. The image is really big and it won't even fit on my screen. Well, I just let some of the parts appear. It is wonderful to see the earth every time I put my laptop on.
@sweetie1026 (1723)
I do have a map of the world but only in my computer. I like to have it because i like looking at where my friends are . Sometimes i spend time looking at it and wondering what my other friends from other side of the world are doing right at that moment. It satisfies my curiosity of how far apart we are from each other. It also helps in expanding my knowledge about the different countries and i also take time to get familiar with their flags.
@greenline (14864)
Hi Maxi. How are you dear friend ? Sounds like you've got a very nice map. Oh yeah, for a world traveller like you, you deserve to have a nice world map. No question about it at all. Yes, I do have a world map too in my home. I am sure not a high class like yours ! I hang it in a small office room I have in my home , so I can look at it when I dream about travelling !! Ha ha ! Have a nice day Maxi. Nice to see you !
I don´t have maps posted as pictures in my house, Maxine, but I do have many folded maps of places where I´ve gone to. It does seem a good idea that you bought one to place where you can see everyday and dream about travels. Thinking of maps and posters, I just thought that my house decorations have been changing with time. It seems that the houses age with the owners. I have oil paintings in the living room walls, more modern pictures in the dining rooom and a collection of ceramic plates from my trips. A long time ago, before you were born, I went to Europe for the first time with my husband. We manage to get those big posters they give (or gave) at the tourist information centers, brought it here and framed them ourselves. They looked wonderful! Kiss, take care, eat your iron pills and liver if you can get it there.
I don't have, but what you bought sounds amazing. I'd love to have one myself now that I have heard you talk about it. : )