Should I decide what school my child goes to or should I let her decide
July 24, 2009 1:42am CST
I was wondering if any of you have been in the same position I am in now? It's right here at registration time for school and we have just moved to a diffrent district of schools and my seven year old daughter is refusing to go to this new school, I was raised in a small town school and didn't think that the education level was as high as ir could of been and we have pushed for a good education level and to keep her in city schools and now we are in the county district and she has cried for me not to make her change schools! What should I do, keep her in the city school she likes or make her attend the county school which I am not fond of either? Can someone please help me out?
24 Jul 09
7 years old is not mature enough to think which school is better for her. In my opinion, if you try your best to explain why she has to go to the new school, but she still refuse it, I think you may let her go back to the original school. Well, you still can force her go to the new school as she doesn't have the knowledge to choose a school. But make sure you have sufficient reason to do that, because maybe your daughter will get angry with your final decision=( -Is the old school really bad that you must let your daughter change to the new school? -Can she afford the new school's study style? (I think she can catch up quickly when she is still young.) -Do you respect to your daughter's feel? You care about her happiness or the education level more? (Even we all know that education is more important)