Is Bottled water bad for health??

@rlaknar (616)
Dear friends, I have a big doubt. I read in a paper yesterday that packaged and bottled water are not good for health. When it is stored in refridgerator the plastic that is being in use produce some chemical (I dont know what exactly it is) and when we drink this chemical gets into our body.This is harmful to our health. What do you think about this?? Is that true?? Please share your views , if you know please share the reasons...
@Graceekwenx (3163)
oh ive heard of this. sigh... bottled water always come in handy than those in glass bottles. Why can't they make plastic bottle toxin-free?
@awynne1 (22)
I've heard the plastic in bottles does contain chemicals that are harmful to you. But mostly if you reuse the bottles. I bought a distiller that produces one gallon of water at a time and store it in glass containers. You wouldn't believe the garbage that has to be cleaned out of the distiller after each use. Do what you can to obtain clean water.
@erikmama (12934)
I have heard this as well. Plastic does have things in it that are harmful to our body, but I don't think it should cause to big of a concern, if you look at all the products that are sold in plastic containers. If you drink soda, buy one in a plastic bottle and buy one in a glass bottle. The drinks in the glass bottle will taste totally different, and much better!! I think if there were a real danger, companies would not be able to produce the items. Seems like we can't do anything now a days that's not going to give us a disease, cancer, or kill us! But don't loose any sleep over this...I don't think it is that big of a deal!